The HMC Strategic Excellence Awards the only award of its kind that honors Hispanic/multicultural strategic thinking and cultural competence in marketing.
Please read all the instructions, requirements and eligibility sections to make sure you campaign qualifies before submitting. The HMC Strategic Excellence Awards submission process has two (2) steps. First, download and fill out the case study worksheet, if you are submitting more than one entry, please fill out a case study worksheet for each entry. Once you have your case study worksheet completed submit the entry form (below), and upload your case study worksheet(s). Then, we will contact you via email for payment and a link to upload your creative assets.
If you have any questions, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 703 745-5531.
The deadline for submission of entries is May 14, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time.
AWARD REQUIREMENTS AND CATEGORIES
- Best Cultural Insight - when a Hispanic insight impacted the overall campaign;
- Mainstream Impact - when a Hispanic insight impacted the mainstream market;
- Impact on Innovation - when a multicultural insight led to an innovation in a product, service or brand offering;
- Pro-Bono - when a multicultural-based insight led to an idea that drove results/impact for a cause, unpaid by any client;
- Shopper & Experiential Excellence - when an insight is effectively applied in the design and execution of a shopper or lifestyle activation program for multicultural audiences;
- Media Connections & Content Strategy Excellence - when Hispanic intelligence is applied to connections and/or content strategy to drive effective reach and engagement.
- These awards are open to mainland U.S. based agencies
- Only submissions where the media has run at some point since January 2020 may enter
CRITERIA NOTICE AND RECOGNITION:
- Quality of the strategic process, depth of thinking, and originality of crafted insight – 40%
- Linkage between strategy and creative concept – 40%
- Impact on the market –results, repercussions – 20%
Stage I – A jury of thought leaders from the Multicultural marketing and advertising community, including strategists, creative directors, and leading marketing professionals from the client side will receive all entries for their individual review and evaluation based on a previously established scoring criteria. In this first stage the jury will decide which of the entries will be short-listed for the next stage.
Stage II – All members of the jury meet for an all-day group discussion and evaluation.
This stage will be developed within three different sessions:
- Session 1 – reevaluation and confirmation of short list
- Session 2 – decide on awards selection: gold, silver or bronze
- Session 3 – from all the gold winners, discussion and voting on Best of Show HMC Strategic Excellence Awards
All winners from Stage II / Session 2 will be notified in writing via e-mail by week of 6/01/2021.
Each good, silver, bronze, honorary mention winner will be recognized on Hispanic Marketing Council website.
All gold winners will be advised immediately of their wins and be expected to provide a 2 minutes case video as well as participate in a live panel presentation.
The full panel of judges includes:
- Maurice Cooper, senior VP, guest and brand experience marketing at Target and president of the jury
- Carmen Barker, global senior brand manager, VASELINE at Unilever
- Tachea Corbett, group strategy director, the community
- Roberto Hernández, director social & digital strategy, Dieste, Inc.
- Claudia Oddo, audience marketing, Pandora
- Jennifer Woods, managing director-VP insights & strategy, Captura Group
REQUIRED ELEMENTS AND CREATIVE ASSETS:
- Between 2 and 5 individual creative elements per entry
- A maximum of 3 individual creative elements per medium
- 2 minutes case film summarizing your entry and showcasing the key creative elements is encouraged
- A one (1) page digital presentation image summarizing case study highlights, results and creative is encouraged
- Media submissions should include a one (1) pager with a basic flowchart and any desired additional charts
- Experiential submissions should include one (1) pager with key images and layouts of your footprint designs
- File formats must be QuickTime (TV, radio, online audio and video), and PDF (Print, outdoor, online banners).
- Entries submitted outside of these formats and guidelines will not be accepted
The designated contact person must be available for questions prior to the judging sessions and most importantly during the judging sessions in case the jury needs clarification.
You may submit more than one entry, but each entry must be submitted with its own entry form and written case study along with its creative materials and its own entry fee.
All nominations, information and materials received/submitted for this award program are the sole property of Hispanic Marketing Council (HMC) are authorized to edit and publish the complete entry and accompanying creative materials.
Once we receive your submission form and entry form(s) we will contact you via email to advise where and how you will submit your creative assets.
Please submit your entry fee(s) of $150 for Hispanic Marketing Council members and $200 for non-members, no later than 5:00 p.m. EDT on May 14, 2021 via credit card.
We will send an electronic invoice that requires immediate payment to accept any number of entries via email for credit card payment. Upon submission of this entry form(s) an online submission link will be provided for the upload of all creative materials.